- All our practices charge private fees. The fees will differ between the different practices. The office will provide you with the necessary tariff information for each practice.
- Some practices will claim in full or partially from your medical aid, but will not take responsibility for non payment.
- There is no universal “medical aid” fee. All medical aids pay different amounts for the same service.
- If your medical aid pays less than the rate charged, you will be liable for the difference.
- If for what ever reason your medical aid does not pay, you will be liable for the full amount.
- You should check with your medical aid if you are covered and for what amount. It remains your responsibility.
- Fees are time based and are calculated as follows: 15min setup time + time from entering the procedure room until awake enough to be moved to the general reception area.
- Fee consists of Clinical fee ( doctors time and expertise) Medicine and disposables used during procedure
Sedation codes if applying for authorization
ICD 10 codes: Usually K02.1 / K08.1 for dental procedures
Codes for other procedures will differ and can be obtained from your surgeon
Sedation Procedure codes:
1461 Dental procedure / Other procedures will have a different code (Obtained from your surgeon)
0020 Sedation outside a hospital theatre
0151 Pre-anesthetic assessment
0034 Head/neck or shoulder modifier
0036/0023 Sedation/ anesthetic time
0007 The use of own monitoring equipment
0201 The drugs and consumables used during the sedation.